Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 25 - Oliver gets a new PICC

Oliver is getting his new PICC right now...he went back at 5:00-we expect him to be done any time now. His belly is continuing to grow so he is still on the diuretic. When they took his PICC line out yesterday that meant they had to draw his blood for his labs by poking him. His blood clotted ( I know that doesn't make sense since his platelets are low, but that's what happened ) His platelets came back at 17,000 but they transfused him anyway in preparation for the PICC placement. The results of the second EKG came back, and the cardiologist wants to look at his heart on an echo. They said the muscle surrounding his heart looked large, possibly because his heart is having to work so hard to push blood through his swollen organs. I believe the word she used was hypertrophy...I haven't researched this yet. Oliver is scheduled to receive chemo tomorrow and will have an MRI done on his brain this week. The heart and brain are two systems that have not been explored in detail at this point. I am trying not to let my fears get the best of me, but it is difficult!

We have an account on GoFundMe now, and I will be switching my updates to that site so that I only have to post in one place. We have already been here almost two months, and we are looking at several more...this is a long road and our finances are running low, I hope the GoFundMe site helps up be able to stay in Seattle with Oliver while he continues this fight!

If you wish to keep following Oliver's story feel free to check in at http://www.gofundme.com/7t5kik

Thank you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment