Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Oh what a day!

 For those of you curious about the rash it is most likely from the lovenox injections. It appears to be getting better and I have a list I symptoms that require a phone call/visit. But the rash update is not my biggest news. Oliver's labs are continuing to look stable and everything is trending in the right direction. He only has one more chemo infusion scheduled and he may not even get it! Tears roll down my face writing that! He did it!!! Many of you don't know the odds of Oliver not needing a bone marrow transplant in his situation. 1 in 1.2 million people are diagnosed with HLH, of those only 2% (that's 2% of 1 in 1.2 million) under 6 months old at diagnosis are infectious. We don't know for SURE that he's done and cured, but it's certainly looking that way! I am THRiLLeD that we didn't transplant when it was recommended! Sean's birthday is next weekend and we got permission to take Oliver camping for one night (as long as we're within an hour of the hospital *crying again*) I have to admit I'm a little nervous about going out into the world and making our own way...Sean and I gave up everything to be here with Oliver the last 6 months. We don't have a house or jobs to go back to-and the bigger problem is we still don't have a car! A couple people donated towards our car already and we have managed to keep that money aside but we need to add to it! Please, if you have anything extra to give, we could really use help getting our lives back together. I hate to ask after all the generosity we've been shown-I just don't know how we would have done any of this without you!! Thank you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment